BUBS: Natural Bridge 171
4 February, 2017
Natural Bridge, Springbrook
Bond University Bushwalking Society
Come join the Bond University Bushwalking Society (BUBS) for the first walk of 171!! We will be taking a scenic 2km return walk to view the Natural Bridge in the Gondwana rainforest in Springbrook National Park.
The picturesque Natural Bridge rock formation was formed by the force of the waterfall over the erosive basalt cave, and is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the Gold Coast.
- LOW FITNESS: very easy walk
- TIME: Approximately 3 hour walking time (including lunch and swim)
- WATER, LUNCH & SNACKS: Bring at least one large water bottle (recommended 1L), bring lunch as we will be having a lunch break, and take snacks for along the walk
- MEDICAL CONDITIONS: if you have a pre-existing medical condition (such as asthma, diabetes, anaphylaxis etc) please bring your own medications (such as ventolin, epipen etc). If you normally strap/brace your knees/ankles, please do this in preparation.
- CLOTHING: ensure that you wear sneakers/hiking boots, a hat, and bring an extra layer of clothing as temperature can vary in rainforests due to tree cover and while we are stationary for lunch. Also bring bathers for a possible swim.
- ATTENDANCE: please only click attending if you are coming, so we know to wait for you.
The plan is to meet at is the Nerang-Murwillumbah Road car park. Follow the signs towards Springbrook and then you will see signs for Natural Bridge (Natural Bridge Rd, NATURAL BRIDGE QLD). This is a 50min drive from Bond University. Please be on time and message if you are running late or cannot see us.
Comment on the post below if you require a ride.
Look forward to seeing you there!