LSS Social Justice Presents 'Law in Action: Cambodia Outreach Project'
11 May, 2016
ANU Law Students' Society
The ANU LSS Social Justice team welcomes you to express your interest for our inaugural overseas Social Justice Trip.
We want to give you the opportunity to raise much-needed funds for legal NGOs, visit and immerse yourself into the experiences of the law overseas. This year the trip will be to Cambodia: a country which has a rich, albeit tragic history of human rights abuses and inequality under the law.
The link to express your interest is: www.tinyurl.com/lssproject
The link for applications: http://www.tinyurl.com/LawInAction
Positions available: 15
When: 11th-23rd December 2016
Cost: Approximate cost of ~$2,650 (including flights, accomodation & most meals)
The main aims of this trip are:
- Fundraising for Cambodian NGOs
- Gain a greater understanding of Cambodian culture and history including the challenges faced daily
- Interact with NGOs (specifically with a law focus) to understand what can be done to help
- Develop an ongoing relationship with NGO's
Itinerary highlights TBC:
- Interacting with NGOs including Cambodian Womens' Crisis Centre
- Visiting killing fields
- Visiting Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia (ECCC)
- General sightseeing including Angkor Wat
- Visiting a Cambodia university and meeting law students
All correspondence for the trip can be found on this event page, with EOIs opening in Week 11, and interviews conducted before the exam period.
For any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dan, Felicity or Nic - your LSS Social Justice Team!!!!
**This trip is open to all current LSS members**