Cambodia: Law in Action 2017
22 February, 2017
ANU Law Students' Society
2016 saw 18 ANU Law Students head to Cambodia to learn about the Cambodian legal system. This trip is organised by the ANU Law Students' Society and is a student-led trip that will run again this year!
It is an educational trip where students in 2016 visited:
- The ECCC
- UN Women
- Legal Aid Cambodia
- Transparency International
- Cambodia League for the Promotion and Defense of Human Rights
- Banteay Srei
- Cambodian Law Courts
- The HANDA Centre For Human Rights and International Justice
This trip will allow students the autonomy to choose legal NGOs they would like to visit and to design an itinerary that best reflects their interests.
Prior to the trip, students will engage in a number of fundraising initiatives for the NGOs that are visited. A lot of the organisations are in need of funding to continue their good work, and the students that are selected for the trip will come up with a diverse range of fundraising initiatives from car washes to trivia nights.
***This event page is where we will post updates regarding Expression of Interest forms, information sessions and applications opening and closing times for the Cambodia trip***
- Expression of interest form will be posted on the 22 February 2017
- Cambodia Trip Information Evening @6:30pm on the 28th February 2017
- Applications open 1st March 2017
- Applications close 14th March 2017