ANU LSS First Year Elections
14 March, 2016
ANU Law Students' Society
Are you interested in joining the LSS? Nominations are now open for 4 First Year Officers. In this role, you’ll have some set responsibilities such as planning an exclusive First Year Event. You’ll also rotate around the major portfolios – Careers, Education, Social Justice and Events – to get a taste of what the LSS is like!
To run, applicants must be enrolled in their first year at the ANU.
If you are interested in running, follow these steps:
1. If you are not already an LSS member, please purchase a $5 membership from the LSS Office (opposite the LSS Common Room) during office hours or you will be unable to run.
2. Write a 100 word candidate statement with the following information:
(i) Full name
(ii) Course of study
(iii) What you can bring to the role
(iv) Why you should win the role
(v) Attached photo of yourself
3. Fill out your nominations form posted below and ensure it has been signed by two current LSS members.
4. Submit your forms to the LSS Office or scan and email them to Tara at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Friday 18 March.
5. Read the Constitution and the Electoral Regulations here: http://www.anulss.com/about-us/operating-documents/. Any breach of these rules may result in your disqualification from the election.
Voting will be online via email from Tuesday 22 March – Thursday 24 March.
If you have any questions, please feel free to message the ANU LSS Facebook Page or post below. Good luck!